Who doesn’t want a natural, beautiful tan that lasts a week or more and doesn’t look like you were shot with orange or brown paint? Even better is a tan that doesn’t damage the skin by causing sun spots, premature aging, or skin cancer. Airbrush tanning offers a seamless tan that looks natural and is safe to utilize regularly.
At Luxxe B, each client has their airbrush tan applied by highly skilled and trained airbrush tanning specialists whom carefully spray their entire body evenly and beautifully. The main ingredient used in our sunless tanning product is dihydroxyacetone (DHA). DHA is a simple and non-toxic sugar derived from sugar beets and sugar cane so our clients need not worry about dangerous chemicals being sprayed onto them. Our airbrush tans typically last 7-10 days depending on skin type, lifestyle, and how well one maintains his or her tan. You will love the tan we customize for you.
Things to do before your appointment
Sure, a spray tan sounds super easy: just strip down and wait for a magical mist to bestow your entire body with a sun-kissed glow. But if you take just a little time to prep before your spray session, you might be rewarded with better results.
- Exfoliate your skin: Removing dead skin cells will help your tan adhere evenly and will help it last longer so invest in a body scrub or wash with a rough-textured sponge.
- Shave, too: If you wait until after your spray tan to do this, you run the risk of removing color along with your hair. The same goes for waxing, threading, and plucking.
- Bare skin is best: That means no makeup, lotion, deodorant, or anything else that might work as a barrier between your skin and the tanning solution
- Wear loose, dark clothing to your appointment: Even though you'll wait for the solution to dry before leaving, there's still the chance that some of the spray tan can rub off on clothing, so avoid white or light-colored items.
- Paint your nails (really): Even if you just use a clear topcoat, putting a layer of lacquer on your fingernails and toenails will prevent them from being stained with the tanning solution
Things to remember after your spray tan
- Let your tan set for at least 7-8 hours (overnight if possible) before showering or taking a bath. This allows your tan to develop.
- Avoid wearing socks or shoes after your tanning session in order to allow the tan to develop properly on your feet.
- Avoid applying moisturizers or deodorants or makeup
- Avoid wearing tight clothing This includes tighter-fitting jeans, bras, spandex, tight blouses and shoes/socks.
- All swimming, showering and vigorous exercise must be avoided for at least 8 hours as sweating can inhibit the development of your tan.
When you take a shower or a bath you will probably see some color wash off. Don’t worry. This is quite normal as it is only the color guide that the spray tan technician uses when the tan is applied. You will be left with a gorgeous tan.
Basically, airbrush tanning is truly the better route. Your skin won’t be damaged or turn out the wrong shade of tan. We believe custom airbrush tanning is beneficial to anyone looking for a natural looking tan that compliments their skin tone. So what are you waiting for? Contact us today for your airbrush tanning needs!